Well….the bucket list has proved to be a bit more challenging than I ever expected. And it doesn’t help that I have two weeks cut off from my summer to try and get this all accomplished.
So I decided that I’m going to take this list into August and September if needed, but there are still probably going to be some things that just don’t get done….this year.
So here’s the break down so far….
Go to a baseball game and get on the kiss cam.
Take the littles to at least 3 different water/splash parks.
2 out of 3 accomplished and we had a BLAST!
3. Get a new tattoo. Planning to accomplish on Fall Break. Didn’t want to get one then have to cover it up in the sun.
4. Make out in the rain, and preferably on the beach. Made out. Need to make more time to make out. Need to make more time, in general, for my guy.
Watch the sunset on the beach holding hands with my love. Watched the sunset and ate pizza doing it!
6. Run an entire 5k. The running has totally dropped off my radar. Have you felt how hot it is outside? I can’t breathe, let alone run.
7. Paddle boat on the canal. Too expensive.
8. Bike with friends along the canal. Too expensive. (Already making a mental note that next years bucket list needs to involve loves of FREE or LOW COST items.)
9. Golf with my guy and hope I don’t drive him nuts. Maybe the driving range next weekend?
10. Go horseback riding with my guy. Where can we do this?
11. Convince my niece that playing the piano is something she needs to start soon. She says NO WAY. Boo…
12. Take my grandma out to lunch. Went to dinner for her birthday recently but did not take just her out for her lunch. This one probably gives me the biggest regret.
Go to a winery with some of my wino friends. Went to a winery shop in St. Joseph, Michigan and did some wine tasting with Mike. Ended up bringing two bottles home!
14. Go to wine and canvas with my sister and friends. Planning this for August or September….whatever works best for everyone!
15. Read the “50 Shades” series. 16. Finish the “Hunger Games” series.
17. Ride a roller coaster. Didn’t venture to an amusement park this summer but I have two weeks over fall break and maybe we can conquer it then?!? Are things like that still open?!?!
18. Feed the ducks at P park. Nope….maybe fit that in for my last day of freedom tomorrow?
19. Make homemade gifts for Father’s Day.
20. Go to a drive in movie theater. They really haven’t shown anything we were interested in seeing, but I guess it’s the thought of going and watching a movie in your car.
21. Sit on the porch for dinner and
watch the sunset together. Again, the heat. Ridiculous.
22. Camp out. Again, the heat.
23. Take the littles to Conner Prairie. Came to the conclusion that I am the ONLY one interested in going to Conner Prairie and it’s not a place I want to go by myself. So, maybe in a year or two Shai will have a little more interest?
24. Play in a sprinkler with the littles. I technically didn’t play, but I observed the fun and took photos! 25. Draw with sidewalk chalk.
26. Have a bonfire and make a complete meal over it including s’mores of course! With the heat and drought comes a fire ban. Maybe this fall?
27. Have a water balloon fight with the niece and nephews (the littles). We did quite a bit of pool days but never just some good ole water balloons.
28. Go on a picnic with my sweetheart. Maybe as it cools down we’ll take our normal Friday night meal out and hit up a local park with some Subway sandwiches and just enjoy the fact that it’s cooled down!
29. Use my sewing machine to make something for myself. I’ve got it ready to go!
30. Use my sewing machine to make something for a little person in my life. Again, ready to go…
31. Go to 3 spots at the state fair that I’ve never been to. Not yet.
32. Organize and clean up the office/sewing room.
33. Make melted crayon art with the littles. Didn’t seem as interesting as it did when I first made this list.
34. Lose 5 more pounds. How about gain 5 back?
35. Get at least 20 Blogger followers. HELP!
36. Make root beer floats with my oldest nephew. We drank lots of root beer at the fair, but never made it a float!
Visit the new ice cream shop in town with the littles. Yum, thanks to Bryce’s birthday gathering!
38. Visit and have lunch with my Aunt Mary. Another major regret….
Have a picnic at the cemetery with my mom. Cupcakes at the cemetary tomorrow for her birthday!
40. Play putt-putt. Again, the heat. It kind of ruined everything.
Buy a new silver long necklace with a little bit of turquoise. Bought some beautiful turquoise pieces in Michigan, just haven’t quite found the “one” yet that I’m exactly looking for.
42. Blog at least 3 times a week. I decided this was impossible if I was going to accomplish all 49 other objects on the bucket list. It’s hard to have fun, unforgettable summer and write it all down!
43. Not worry about school until at least July 30th. Instead of not worrying about it I decided to attack it full force and I was in the classroom early July getting a head start. It has already done wonders for my stress level. 44. Get a great tan. 45. Try 5 new Pinterest recipes. 46. Go to a concert. Several!
Build a sandcastle. I’m pathetic at this, but I did get it accomplished in South Haven with Shai. 48. Lay by the pool at least twice a week. Just about nailed this one!
49. Find a new drink of choice by trying 5 new summer cocktails. Instead discovered that Bud Light Lime just about always quenches my thirst!
50. Make every day count. For sure. It was a nonstop summer. Just the way I like it!