It’s been way too long since I’ve written to you. As usual spring is here and life is busy. The boy is busy with work again. I am just busy with life….and a little stressed out at work.
Since the last time I’ve written you…
1. A dear friend got married. Her wedding was gorgeous and I’m so happy she’s in love.
2. I’ve spent every ounce I can outside when the weather permits. We’ve played at the park. I’ve taken some long walks to try and prep myself for Saturday’s 13.1. We’ve been eating dinner occasionally on the back deck…gazing longingly at the pool in hopes we can open it sometime soon.
3. We celebrated the oldest little’s 9th birthday. He got a haircut…on accident. He’s getting tall, smart, and handsome. He gets all of that honestly I suppose.
4. I’ve been working with some pretty amazing people getting prepped for this years Relay for Life…only 17 days away! Currently I’m working on my own personal fundraiser by making little key fob wristlets that I can sell at the event where the proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
5. The downstairs remodeling is FINISHED…besides a few little touches like caulking, molding, etc. I’ll do a post another day about the remodeling process and what I would and would not do if I could do it all over again.
It is getting to be that time of year where every weekend is packed full of events. I am counting down the days until school is out. It isn’t because I don’t love my kids this year. I am counting down the days because I’m looking forward to life slowing down a bit. Or maybe just having 7-3 to enjoy the outside even more. It seems like the time after work just isn’t enough time to really enjoy life.
Maybe life will slow down in June?
Then again, maybe not.