Today I met someone I admire obviously more than words could ever describe, Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.
She’s the reason I started this here blog. I became obsessed with hers years ago when my sister led me to http://www.thepioneerwoman.com
When I found out she was doing a book signing near me I knew I had to take time off work, stand in line for as long as they would allow me, and meet her face to face. I had so many things to tell her and wanted so badly to have her signature in all her books that I own. I would have even let her sign my forehead if she wanted. She’s that cool. Like, I want to be her. Not in a freaky creepy way. In a best friend kind of way.
We were about 60 people deep, in line for close to 3 hours, and I became a speechless fool. I was shaking. I grinned ear to ear probably looking like such a moron.
All I can think about is all the things I wish I had said to her. So, if we meet again Ree….these are the things I plan to discuss with you:
1. First off, thank you for being so warm and fuzzy and sweet and kind.
2. Thank you for inspiring me through your blog to wait for the perfect romance. One that would, and has, transformed my life from meaningless to nothing less than perfect. Because of you I found my own little Marlboro man of the Midwest. Boy am I glad I didn’t settle before and waited for him.
3. So far my favorite recipe to cook is chicken scaloppine. I mean I love everything of yours but it’s by far my go to meal. It was the first meal I cooked for my Marlboro Man. That’s when he fell in love with me, and my cooking.
4. My MM couldn’t be here today but I’m sure he would want me to tell you thank you. He loves your recipes just as much as I do, if not more.
5. The butterflies all throughout your book make me tear with joy. You see my cousin Pam was also a fan of yours. She left this life way too soon to join my own angel mother. At her funeral they released butterflies. Since then I’ve seen them everywhere. They appear in all you do and to me it’s just a little reminder that if Pam and my momma were still on earth today I know they would have been standing in line with us too. I’m so glad I has the chance to meet you today with her beautiful daughter Jordan who makes us proud over and over and over again.
I think that covers it.
Oh, and can I stay at the lodge with you for just a bit over the summer? I’m great with kids, promise. I can ride a horse and help you ranch.
I can even keep Marlboro Man company if you need me to. I mean, you don’t like those early mornings so maybe I could fill in for you?
Think about it and get back to me.
If not, no big deal. Just thought I would throw it out there!
Living, Laughing, & Loving,