Easton is a ONE year old…as of Tuesday.
Did you hear that?
Just my heart breaking a little.
We’re moving from baby to toddler at warp speed and it’s just so tough. His first year of life has flown by and although some of the nights have been long the days seem so short. There just isn’t enough time in the day to love on him enough.
In the last month Easton….
- learned to walk – He’s no pro, but he’s getting pretty darn good at it. When he falls he let’s out a giant grunt of disgust. Almost like he’s saying “awwww &*$# it!” His first couple steps were at home with momma and daddy but they were just a couple at a time. THEN the night that Gentry was born (November 2nd) he decided to shock us all and casually walk from Mamaw to Papaw Plank out of no where. So, of course we grabbed some bribery tools and got him going back and forth between the aunts with some snacks to guide him and videoed it!
- had his first Halloween. We tried the cute and fuzzy wolf costume and he had a great howl down…but he was terrified of the costume. So, he was an astronaut! I was the MilkyWay and daddy was “Houston” as in “Houston, we have a problem.”
- had another ear infection. This is our second and hopefully his last. It’s so hard when he doesn’t feel well and I don’t know what’s wrong and can’t take away the pain. He’s pathetic and crabby and I wish I didn’t have to go to work. It’s rough.
- has started to throw fits. He has a great fake cry routine and it’s quite pathetic as well. How do parents not laugh at that? I know it’s probably not the correct reaction, but come ON!
- gets upset over the loss of food. Example – I like Oreos. I don’t like to share Oreos. Easton does NOT like it when I take the last bite. See above.
- loves to dance. Anything with a good beat. That Ju Ju song really gets him going. I’m old, don’t know the name. You know the one I’m talking about. We listen to Q95 in the kitchen while I’m making dinner so he loves some good rock as well. He even jammed out most of this evening at Hooters. Hands in the area. Bobbing his head. Bouncing his knees. Kid has moves for sure.
- loves music. Any music. Christmas music, especially. Just like momma!
- howls, makes a surprised face, blows kisses, and we are working on more tricks each day.
- had a big huge COWBOY birthday party with all his loved ones. He was so blessed with amazing gifts that will last for the next year, no doubt. Some momma even plans to hide away for the summer time when we need something new to sneak out!
- had dinner for his 1st birthday at HOOTERS! Momma was craving it just like I was one year ago when he was born. Weird?!
- received tons of sweet notes, and even some gifts from my students. They must know that each day is very hard for me to leave him. I’m truly fortunate to work with a group this year that gets that. They all encouraged me to stay home today but since I’m taking two days next week for our move and to remember my mom then I just couldn’t take another day. So, they made him lots of homemade cards and even some a stuffed animal, a book, and a new outfit. The little notes on the cards were the sweetest ever. “Did you know you have the best mom ever?” one student wrote. Melt my heart.
- doesn’t have his 12 month checkup until Monday, but I would guess he’s between 24-25 pounds. And, he’s grown more than 2 inches in the last three months!
- hates being strapped in his car seat unless there is a snack to occupy him and eating out is becoming more difficult. Without a dog to pick up the food he throws it gets a little embarassing.
- has pooped on the potty 3 times. I can tell when it’s about to happen if I pay attention and why not waste a diaper if he will participate. The first time he cried when I sat him down and now he just bounces up and down until it happens. He’s no genius, but a friend at church recommended this to me and I figure, why not?!
- still has 8 teeth. Each time he’s cranky I wonder when those molars are coming through. Not yet!
- is very busy and talkative although most of the time we have no idea what he is saying. He can say dada, momma, dog, hi, bye and we are pretty sure he’s said BoBo (Brody), Shai (Shailynn), and Holly (Aunt Holly).
Waiting for Gentry to be born!
Getting ready to move to a new house! We voted in the most ridiculous election ever! His new mean mug Practicing his ONE finger! Celebrating Unkie’s birthday! Some mornings are rough.. Getting so fresh and so clean for his big party! His big ONE year old photo shoot with Didi! The night before he turned ONE Wow how time has flown by Birthday celebrations with his buddies at Jenny’s! A tattoo…. and dinner at Hooter’s!
Here’s an amazing year sweet boy.
And many, many more
Love you more,